ARFF Agility Practice Signup
Field Safety Rules and Guidelines
WE ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THESE RULES!
These are intended to ensure the safety and pleasure of club members, visitors, and their dogs at all ARFF practices and activities. Please keep this list and refer to it frequently.
- All dogs must be properly vaccinated, in good health, and free from any deformity or injury that might affect physical or mental performance. NO BITCHES IN SEASON are allowed on training grounds.
- All dogs must be always under control on the training grounds. Any dog that repeatedly interferes with another handler/dog team while working in the training area must be leashed until sufficient voice control can be demonstrated.
- To prevent injury, dogs must be restrained or crated while heavy equipment is being set up or put away.
- A flat buckle collar is mandatory for your dog’s safety while working on the equipment. An agility lead or tab (one with no loop on the end) is also recommended. For dogs that are difficult to control, however, other training collars may be used in addition to the flat buckle collar, but not while working.
- A handler must work only one dog at a time, and only dogs that are working/training should be present in the training areas. All other dogs should be crated, restrained, or left in your car.
- Any dog that repeatedly shows aggressive behavior towards another handler and/or dog, or that bites or attacks any person or dog, may be asked to leave the training grounds.
- In consideration of dogs who may not enjoy a pre- or post-practice play session, handlers should check with each other before releasing their dogs.
- Any handler who repeatedly uses severe corrections and/or harsh punishment may be asked to leave the training grounds.
- CLEANING UP AFTER YOUR DOG IS MANDATORY. Bring plastic bags.
- No alcohol, drugs, or smoking are allowed on the training grounds.
- At River Road Farm, to keep peace with the neighbors, all dogs must be kept quiet. Leave your dog in your car if needed, with adequate ventilation.